I’m so excited to teach you some really easy tips on how to be your very own stylist this winter and get more wears out of your summer wardrobe, saving you money but increasing your style!
As a stylist, I have loved helping women, and one of the most common concerns is, “help, I don’t know what to wear in winter!”
Everyone wants to look cute and chic, but sadly keeping warm often means dressing like an Arctic explorer! It’s often when we look into our wardrobes and see one lovely item and think, “boo! I can’t wear that, it’s definitely not going to keep me warm!!” but it really needn’t be this way.
Winter dressing comes down to simple wardrobe maths…but this math is fun and easy!
Layering is key – with outfits of basics and separates put together with your favourite ‘hero’ piece of clothing pulled from your summer wardrobe to create magical wardrobe winter formulas!!
1. A plain-coloured blazer adds warmth and shape to loose and flimsy summer tops and dresses.
2. Leather-look leggings under a summer dress add warmth and edge to ditsy summer dress.
3. A neutral-coloured (think black, navy, camel, grey), cardigan goes with everything, giving tonnes more wear to your favourite summer pieces!
4. Thick, opaque tights make legs look slimmer, cover pale legs and create a cosy look. Don’t just go for black tights, think about brown, burgundy and other autumnal shades for a more eclectic look!
5. Roll-necks and shirts underneath finer tops and dresses work great too. Underneath your dress, opt for a neutral shade in grey, black, tan, navy, white or cream, so it doesn’t fight for attention with your ‘hero’ piece.
6. If your favourite dress is too short for winter temperatures, consider turning it into a tunic top and wear over leather tights, leggings, trousers or jeans.
I hope I’ve inspired you to make the most of your summer wardrobe!
Makeup Artist | Stylist | Founder of Beautyandtheboutique.com